Fifteen candidates for Point Cook

The new seat of Point Cook will be contested by 15 candidates.

The electorate was created following the 2020-21 redistribution of state electoral boundaries.

The seat takes in Point Cook and Werribee South.

A portion of 46,880 voters are from Point Cook and 1692 from the Werribee South District.

A total of 15 candidates are nominating for election in Point Cook. They are: Carolyn Cronkwright (Family First Victoria), Terri Beech (Animal Justice Party), Shamsher Khan (Greens), Larry Zhao (independent), Angela Newhouse (Liberal), Alex McAulay (Victorian Socialists), Lisa Jane Gatti (Transport Matters ), Emma Law (Health Australia Party), Rakhi P. Chaudhary (New Democrats), Mathew Hilakari (Labour), Adrian Abdulovski (Freedom Party of Victoria), Shwetali Sawant (independent), Scott Grimley (Derryn Hinch’s Justice Party), Daniel Hamman (Labour DLP), and Joe Garra (independent).

On a two party preferred basis, the Victorian Electoral Commission predicts the Labor party will secure 62.8 per cent of the vote, leaving 37.2 per cent to the Liberal party.

Leave a Comment